Youth Programs at Golf Courses
First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages five (5) to 17 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age five (5) through 17, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating the First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- Little Drivers | This is our introductory level for four (4) to six (6) year olds. We use the SNAG (Starting New At Golf) equipment.
- PLAYer (required minimum age seven (7)) | Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age nine (9)) | Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) | Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) | Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering ninth grade) | Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Ask us about scholarships for financial need.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at The First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.